Tuesday 4 January 2011

The Future of ST

This week I will formally receive a letter from my employer - a local authority in North East England - telling me I will be out of a job after March 31st. Obviously this is a difficult situation and I don't know where I'll be or what I'll be doing later this year. Probably in the same place, possibly doing nothing. But whatever happens, I intend to continue publishing Supernatural Tales and will try to make sure that the next issue, ST19, is at least as good as any that have gone before. I can't be sure what I'll be able to do in the longer term, but for the near future it's business as usual.

And if anybody knows of a job, please let me know!

7 comments:

Iain said...

Really bad news, sorry to hear it. Testing times, these. Best of luck.

valdemar said...

Thanks Iain. Hope all's well with you and yours.

Thornavis said...

Sorry to hear that, I hope you find something soon.

Daniel Mills said...

Sorry to hear that, David. Here's wishing you the best of luck for the road ahead -- I’m sure something will come up.

valdemar said...

Thanks, chaps. Difficult times, but I won't starve or go unshod. You never know what will happen next...

Michael Kelly said...

Very sorry to hear this, David. Here's wishing you much luck. Heartened, though, that ST will continue, at least for the interim.

Iain said...

All well at the mo thanks, David. Work in HE so there are very dark clouds gathering on the horizon. As there are across the whole of the NE, sadly.

LET YOUR HINGED JAW DO THE TALKING by Tom Johnstone (Alchemy Press)

ST 55 features a tale by Brighton's finest purveyor of contemporary horror, Tom Johnstone. And it just so happens that Alchemy Press is...