Thursday 5 March 2009

Epic Fail - it's now even harder to subscribe to ST

I'm about to remove the link to the British Fantasy Society, as they closed down their online store WITHOUT TELLING ME! I am peeved about this, and they have lost a member. Oh well, credit crunch and all that. It's a few quid saved. 

So, basically, there are now two ways to order ST. You can send me a cheque drawn on a British bank, or you can send me that funny foreign money. I will look at setting up a PayPal account, but I am very, very wary of anything financial that occurs online. Frankly I think sending cash through the post is marginally safer than trusting total strangers with my bank account details. But let's see what happens.

Update Friday 6th Mar: apparently the BFS has had major problems with its site and - incredibly - lost the email addresses of those using its store. Wow. They want me to continue using their store for my micro-business. Not sure I want to with that kind of track record. Any thoughts out there? Suggestions? Recession recipes?

1 comment:

cheviot hills real estate said...

Thanks were a blog that caters to blog readers in cheviot hills real estate agents and friends and beverly hills. So thanks and well pass on out our senior club cheviot hills real estate

'Schalken the Painter' by Joseph Sheridan Le Fanu

A reading by yours truly of one of the all-time classics. I hope you enjoy it!  I'm told my voice sends people to sleep so maybe try it ...