Thursday 23 November 2006

where am I?

At the moment Supernatural Tales 11 is under way, on the stocks, preparing for launch, building towards a climax... Well, I've done a bit of work on it, anyway. If I can figure out how to do pictures I should be able to put the cover up by way of a sneak preview. It's by Allison Lovelock, the artist who did the very popular owl cover. And the contents are rather spiffy, too. As well as stories there'll be reviews and some mini-quizzes. I like quizzes! I won a skull-shaped bog brush at one in York recently, for I am knowledgeable in the way of spooky stories.

I thought I'd include a quiz to challenge anyone who finds or stumbles upon this site.

Lovecraft - A Man and His Tentacles
1. In 'At the Mountains of Madness', what are the names of the polar explorers' ships?
2. Which Lovecraft character was played on screen by Vincent Price?
3. Which HPL story features an ill-fated U-boat?
4. In which HPL story does the immortal phrase 'Glub Glub' appear?

If you've no idea who H.P. Lovecraft is, Google him AT ONCE! Your reading has been sadly limited...

As for the answers, well, I'll see if anybody tries it first, then post 'em up in a week or so.

No comments:

LET YOUR HINGED JAW DO THE TALKING by Tom Johnstone (Alchemy Press)

ST 55 features a tale by Brighton's finest purveyor of contemporary horror, Tom Johnstone. And it just so happens that Alchemy Press is...